Hello, everyone it has been so long! It feels good to be updating the site again. There has been a lot of Disney news updates the past few weeks so let’s jump right in.
Disney Cruise Line
Star Wars Day At Sea will be returning on select sailings in 2018 on the Disney Fantasy ship. In 2018 you will be able to choose from 15 different sail dates ranging from January-April cruising to the Caribbean on a 7-night cruise. One of the sailing days will be entirely immersed in the Star Wars theme. There will be entertainment and galactic activities and adventures taking place all throughout the ship. Special character interactions, shows and meet and greets will be held as well as screenings of the Star Wars films, clever themed food and drink offerings, limited Star Wars merchandise and “Summon the Force” deck party and ending the nights with a spectacular fireworks finale. For more information on these sailings, please send me an email, or fill out the form for a quote.
Disney Cruise Line has also released a promotion for new bookings made by February 15, 2017, for a 7-night cruise or longer with travel dates between June 17, and December 30, 2017. Guests who book will only be required to put down half of the deposit up front. The remaining balance won’t be due until the date of final payment. If you are interested in a Disney Cruise and want to take advantage of this promo contact me for the latest rates.
The Main Street Electrical Parade has made its way back to its original home, Disneyland! It will make its premiere on Friday, January 20 as long as the weather holds out, so fingers crossed.
In honor of Disneyland’s 50th anniversary back in 2005 the park debuted ‘Remember… Dreams Come True’ fireworks show for the birthday celebration. To correlate with the return of the Main Street Electrical Parade this year, Disneyland will also be bringing back the beloved firework show. The show is set to start it weekend performances on February 3, 2017.
Disney’s California Adventure
Changes to the FastPass system at Disneyland and DCA are coming. Two new attractions are now offering FastPasses— ToyStory Mania at DCA and the Matterhorn Bobsleds at Disneyland. Later this year they will be releasing a new fast pass service— the Disney MaxPass. This service is an app you can download that stores all of your photo pass high resolutions photos that were taken in the park that you will have unlimited access to and will also allow you to book FastPasses on the app rather than reserving at each attraction using the paper FastPass system. The MaPass will be available for an introductory rate of $10.
Walt Disney World
A new Promotion has been released offering 25% off of select rooms and resorts and one free day of tickets for your family if choosing a package of two or more park days. The promotion is for stays between February 20 and June 10, 2017, if booked by March 30, 2017.
There has also been a summer promotion released for stays between May 30, and August 24, 2017, for Value resorts only if booked by February 12, 2017. The package includes an option to choose a smaller dining plan of one quick-service meal per person per night for stays consisting of three consecutive nights. I have booked this promotion for guests, and I can say the meal plan is a great value! Contact me for more information and rates.
The First ever International Festival of the Arts kicked off last weekend at Epcot and is getting great reviews. You can partake in the event weekends Friday through Monday from now until February 20, 2017. The event is free with park admission. You can expect to see Broadway-style entertainment at the America Gardens Theatre Stage. There will be showcased art from Disney’s most celebrated historical artists Mary Blair and Herb Ryan and will also feature live art created by artists like Costa Alavezos and Joe Kaminski in front of guests. There will be new food studio booths set up with art inspired edible creations and hands-on experiences for families to create their masterpieces together.
Epcot has a new authenticTaquileria opening in the Mexico pavilion in early 2017. There will be hand-crafted margaritas and classic Mexican small plates like tacos and empanadas featured on the menu. More information on an opening date is coming soon.
Disney has announced a new hard ticket event is coming to Hollywood Studios for April 13-16, 2017! Here are some of the details Disney has released so far of what to expect at the event:
- Rebel Base Activities – The Rebel Base will serve as the event hub with multiple events, hosted shows and more taking place in the center of the park. The Rebel Base is the stop to see “Celebrate the Saga,” a 40-year history of Star Wars that features rarely seen imagery; your Clients can join in on Star Wars dance parties and more.
- Watch “Inside the Saga: Celebrity Chat Show” – Your Clients can catch a celebrity chat show in Epic Theater to learn more about the making of Star Wars films.
- Can’t miss Star Wars photo ops – Your Clients can don their Star Wars finest and enjoy iconic Star Wars backdrops, including Han Solo cast in Carbonite, Jabba the Hutt’s Palace, the Hoth Wampa Cave and more.
- Galactic Nights Stars in Cars Motorcade – This procession will welcome in Star Wars celebrities down Hollywood Blvd.
- Imperial March & March of the First Order – Darth Vader will lead a battalion of Stormtroopers on a dramatic march down Hollywood Blvd to the Event Stage. Captain Phasma will also lead a unit of First Order Stormtroopers through the park, pausing to give a demonstration of power and strength.
- Seize the Saga Interactive Scavenger Hunt – Event Guests are challenged to collect eight clues in the form of puzzle pieces, one for each Star Wars film, at the party’s various photo stops. Each piece can be affixed to the back of the event lanyard to reveal a surprise.
- “Star Wars: A Galaxy Far, Far Away” – Your Clients can watch high-energy clips of the best moments from the film saga juxtaposed with character moments on stage, featuring Chewbacca, Darth Vader, Kylo Ren and more.
- “Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular” – The skies will come alive with the power of the Force, as the park’s popular Star Wars-themed nighttime spectacular lights up the night.
It feels so good to be back on here writing again. See you next week for more of the latest Disney news!
“See you real soon!”