So many exciting announcements from Disney this week!
Well, we have finally been given a date for the opening day of Pandora—The World Of Avatar!! The new land will open to everyone on May 27, 2017!
Disney has also announced that Star Wars Land at both Disneyland and Hollywood Studios will open in 2019!
The “Garden Rocks” concert series at the American Gardens Theater will continue this year along with the Epcot Flower and Garden Festival. This year the concert will be held Friday through Monday 5:30 PM, 6:45 PM and 8 PM. The scheduled shows are listed below.
- March 3-4 – Jon Secada – “Just Another Day”
- March 5-6 – Dennis DeYoung – The Music of STYX – “Grand Illusion”
- March 10-13 – Pointer Sisters – “I’m So Excited”
- March 17-18 – Simple Plan – “Welcome to My Life” – NEW
- March 19-20 – Plain White T’s – “Hey There Delilah”
- March 24-27 – Night Ranger – “Sister Christian“
- March 31-April 3 – Little River Band – “Reminiscing”
- April 7-10 – Blood, Sweat & Tears featuring Bo Bice – “Spinning Wheel”
- April 14-17 – Gin Blossoms – “Hey Jealousy”
- April 21-24 – The Orchestra starring former members of ELO – “Evil Woman”
- April 28-29 – Exposé – “Point of No Return” – NEW
- April 30-May 1 – Berlin featuring Terri Nunn – “Take My Breath Away” – NEW
- May 5-8 – STARSHIP starring Mickey Thomas – “We Built This City”
- May 12-15 – The Guess Who – “American Woman”
- May 19-22 – Herman’s Hermits starring Peter Noone – “I’m Henry VIII, I Am”
- May 26-29 – The Spinners – “Working My Way Back To You”
The re-imagined Planet Hollywood has opened its flagship location at Disney Springs. It has been transformed into a four-story observatory with each floor offering a new and unique theme. The world famous Chicken Crunch— a classic Planet Hollywood dish, as well as a large variety of over-the-top burgers and sandwiches created by celebrity Chef Guy Fieri. Hand-dipped milkshakes generous portions of shareable sweets are the hallmark of this restaurant. The Stargazers Lounge will offer a beer menu with a heavy focus on Florida craft beers. The lounge will also offer ten signature cocktails – including the Halley’s Comet cocktail served in a 45-ounce Planet-bowl.
Another restaurant has opened at Disney Springs this past week as well. Paddlefish has finally reopened with their re-imagined luxurious yacht theme and their seafood-centric menu. Paddlefish will feature an extensive wine list as well as turn-of-the-century American inspired cocktails.
Grand Floridian Resort and Spa
This week for the 17th year in a row Victoria & Albert’s has been awarded the AAA Five Diamonds Award. Victoria & Albert’s is the only Five Diamond dining experience available in central Florida. There are only 47 restaurants in the United States to receive this prestigious award.
Disney’s Boardwalk Inn
Starting late spring at Trattoria Al Forno restaurant at Disney’s Boardwalk Inn guests will be able to dine with popular Disney character couples such as Rapunzel and Flynn Ryder, and Ariel and Prince Eric to name a few. There will be more detail released about this new character meal coming soon.
Thanks for reading! Now would be the perfect time to book a trip to Walt Disney World to check out the newest land at Animal Kingdom Park! Contact me for a quote. Remember it doesn’t cost you any extra to book a vacation with a Disney Travel Professional, so support your local travel agency, you won’t regret it!
“See you real soon!”