Exciting news! Main Street Electrical Parade will be returning to the place it began— Disneyland Park officially on January 20, 2017. It will be running for a limited time through June 18, 2017. During the few months, it will be running Disneyland will be offering unique merchandise and food inspired by the beloved Main Street Electrical Parade. There is an exclusive after-hours premier event scheduled for January 19. Tickets go on sale to the general public on December 13, 2016. A ticket includes admission into Disneyland Park after it closes to the general public. Guests will get to experience the return of this favorite parade and have access to most of the parks rides, attractions, and restaurants too.
Downtown Disney District at the Disneyland Resort
Splitsville Luxury Lanes is coming to California in late 2017. This upscale bowling ally has paved the way for a fun new approach to bowling and received rave reviews from it’ sister location at Disney Springs for years. The theming will have a mid-century-inspired design aesthetic. The refined menu includes fresh-rolled sushi, gourmet appetizers, hand-cut steaks, and your alley classics like burgers, crinkle-cut fries, and hand-tossed pizzas.
The Disney After Hours Event will be returning to the Magic Kingdom Park this January for seven nights! This hard-ticket event is $119 per person, and that ticket allows you access to the park at 7 pm in time for Wishes fireworks. After the park closes to the general public, you will have access to the park including 25 attractions and character meet-and-greets with no crowds for three hours past closing time. Soft drinks, bottled water, and Mickey ice cream bars are also included with your ticket. Dates for these events are January 20 and 27, February 2,9 and 16 and March 2 and 9, 2017.
On Monday Disney Parks Blog hosted a special event to celebrate the release of Rouge One: A Star Wars Story for 400 of their followers at Epcot. The event featured stars from the upcoming film, announcements of Star Wars additions coming to Hollywood Studios and ended with an impressive show of Spaceship Earth transforming into the Death Star. Here’s a video of some highlights from the night.
As mentioned above at the Disney Parks Blog event held at Epcot for their fans this past Monday exciting announcements were made about new Star Wars experiences coming to Hollywood Studios in early 2017. Below is the list Disney released detailing all the new shows and attractions.
- Star Wars: A Galaxy Far, Far Away: AWR (Advanced Weapons Research) Troopers from the film Rogue One: A Star Wars Story will debut during a new scene in the existing Star Wars: A Galaxy Far, Far Away daytime show. AWR Troopers are encased in specialized Stormtrooper armor with a dark, ominous gleam.
- Star Wars Launch Bay: This location will feature new props from Rogue One: A Star Wars Story. Making-of footage can be seen in the attraction’s behind-the-scenes film, “Meet the Makers.” Similar updates can also be found at Star Wars Launch Bay in Disneyland® Park in California.
- Star Tours – The Adventures Continue: Voyage changes are coming starting in mid-December, switching back to randomized beginnings (instead of starting each journey on the planet of Jakku) and final destinations.
- Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular: This spectacular show will return nightly beginning Dec. 16, 2016, in celebration of the theatrical release of Rogue One: A Star Wars Story, joining “Jingle Bell, Jingle BAM!” as a second nightly fireworks spectacular at the park through Dec. 31, 2016.
- Star Wars Guided Tour: Beginning in 2017, this seven-hour guided tour will be led by a Star Wars “all-in-the-know” tour guide. You will blast off on Star Tours – The Adventures Continue, get an in-depth, insider’s tour around Launch Bay, and enjoy Star Wars-themed menu items at Backlot Express. Plus, Guests age 4-12 will have an opportunity to participate in Jedi Training: Trials of the Temple. And, the finale of this unforgettable day includes themed sweets and specialty beverages at Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular Dessert Party, which also includes reserved viewing for the show.
So many exciting new events and attractions coming to both coasts! Contact me to book your next Disney vacation! Have a great weekend!
“See you real soon!”